A new Master of Science with a concentration in Information Technology Business Analysis (ITBA) program at Purdue University can help you move into a rapidly growing field with high demand and salaries. The 100% online MS program features an IIBA® & PMI® based curriculum, and provides the flexibility needed by today's working professional. Business analysts play a vital role bridging business and IT functions of an organization. Their ability to understand the business domain and translate those needs to technical people in terms they can understand is vital to the success of any project initiative.
- Work as a liaison between the company leadership and IT department to help them understand the needs of the organization and how IT can help achieve its goals
- Understand the design, development, deployment and management of processes unique to the computing and information technology business sector
- Understand the structure, policies and operations of an organization
- Be a problem solver
- A 19% growth is expected by 2022 in business analysis jobs (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Current average salary is $82,493 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- 34-credit hour Master of Science program (30 hours for certified business analysts)
- 100% online IIBA® & PMI® based curriculum
- High competency in business analysis strongly tied to competency in project management
- Collaboration with students in the highly rated Information Technology Project Management curriculum
- Courses in Business Analysis Essentials, Requirements Discovery and Analysis, Enterprise Analysis, Business and Data Analytics, Requirements Communication and Verification, IIBA and PMI Certification Prep
- Faculty with extensive industry experience in sectors such as computer and information technology, aerospace and advanced systems, and biotechnology and healthcare
IT Business Analysis Certificate
For students who aren't quite ready for the commitment of a master's program, we offer a 4 course graduate certificate in 'Information Technology Business Analysis'. For more information on that program, please visit Information Technology Business Analysis Certificate.