To request an R-ATP Certifying Statement:
1. Fill out the Request Form.
2. Print and sign the application.
3. Submit the application by one of the following methods:
- Drop it off at the Aviation and Transportation Technology Main Office in the Niswonger Building
- Mail it to the following address: Department of Aviation and Transportation Technology, Attn: R-ATP Request, 1401 Aviation Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Email a scanned copy of the application to your academic advisor.
4. Once received, the following information will be verified:
- The applicant must have graduated from Purdue in Professional Flight Technology, Aviation Management, or Aeronautical Engineering Technology.
- The applicant must have accumulated the minimum credit hours from the Approve Course List:
- 60 credit hours to qualify for the R-ATP under 61.160(b)
- 30 credit hours to qualify for the R-ATP under 61.160(d)
5. If approved, a certificate that validates the above information, along with a copy of FAA Exemption No. 11022, will be issued. The documents can either be picked up at the Aviation and Transportation Technology Main Office in the Niswonger Building, or mailed to the address provided on the application.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
6. The applicant will also need to include an official transcript, in addition to the Certifying Statement and a copy of FAA Exemption No. 11022, with the FAA Form 8710-1. To request a transcript visit http://www.purdue.edu/registrar/currentStudents/students/transcripts.html