Professor and Dean of Nanshan Aeronautical College, Longkou, Yantai, China, 2013 September ~ January 2017
Chairman of Qingdao Airlines, Qingdao, China, January 2016 ~ December 2016
Board Director, Virgin Australia Airlines, Brisbane, Australia, Nov. 2016 ~ August 2017
- University of Nebraska, PhD. (Aviation Administration concentration)
- University of Central Missouri, MS (Aviation Safety)
- Houston Rice Aviation College, (FAA A& P certificate & FCC Avionics license Pilot training 55 hrs)
- National Chung-Hsing University, BS (Applied Mathematics)
FCC GROL w/ Radar
2019 July, Panel co-Chair and Keynote Speaker, 2019 IEEE International Conference on Transportation Information & Safety, Liverpool, UK.
2019 January, Doctoral Mentor, DBA Program, Paris Commerce of Distribution Institute (ICD).
2018 January, received Foreign High Level Talents (Category A) recognition, Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, Guangdong Province, China
2017 October, Conference Closing Speaker, The 2nd Science International Robotics Alliance Conference, Foshan, Guangdong, China
2016 September, Co-chair, The 1st Science International Robotics Alliance Conference, Foshan, Guangdong, China
2017, 2018, Visiting Professor, CAUC; CAMIC; Huizhou University
2017 January, Honorary Chief Scientist, Huizhou Sanhang UAV Technology Research Institute
2016 December 20, Honorary Chief Scientist, Shenzhen Industrial Technology Research Institute and Beyond
2012-2013, Faculty Engagement Award
2013 & 2019, Purdue Faculty Fellow (2013 2ND Discipline Faculty Fellow & 2019 Purdue IMPACT Fellow)
2012, University Aviation Association (UAA), John K. Lauber Safety Award
Lu, C.-t., & Jin, L. (2020). A case study of taxiway landing (1982~2016). International Journal of Crisis Management, 10(1), 47-54. doi: 10.6929/IJCM.202001_10(1).0005.
Lu, C.-T., Wang, C., & Jin, L. (2020). Qingdao airlines emergency management system analysis. International Journal of Crisis Management, 10(1), 29-36. doi: 10.6929/IJCM.202001_10(1).0001.
Mendonca, M. F. A., Keller, J. C., & Lu, C.-T. (2019). Fatigue Identification and Management in Flight Training: An Investigation of Collegiate Aviation Pilots. International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, & Aerospace, 6(5), https://commons.erau.edu/ijaaa/vol6/iss5/13
Mott, J., Hubbard, S. M., Lu, C-t., Sobieralski, Gao, Y., Nolan, M., & Kolta, B. (2019 Feb.). Competency-based education: A framework for aviation management program. Collegiate Aviation Review International, 37(1). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22488/okstate.19.100211
Lu, C-t., Guo, J., Keller, J., & Mendonca, F. (2019 January). Proposing an electronic maintenance Job Cards (eJobCards) for air carriers, International Journal of Crisis Management, 9(1), 1-7. DOI:10.6929/IJCM.20191_9(1).0001
Spence, T., Fanjoy, R.O., C-t. Lu, Schreckengast, S.W. (2015). International standardization compliance in aviation. Journal of Air Transportation Management, 49, 1-8. DOI:10.1016/j.jairtraman.2015.06.015
Keller, J. Wang, Y., Cooney, J., C-t. Lu (2015). Cultural Dimensions: A Comparative Analysis of Aviation Students in China and the U.S.; International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace, 2(3), 1-18. https://commons.erau.edu/ijaaa/vol2/iss3/3
Keller, J., Shila, J., & Lu, C-t. (2014). What does flight school security mean? A case of university affiliated flight schools in the United States, Journal of Transportation Security, 7(2), 157-168. DOI: 10.1007/s12198-014-0136-4
Winter, S., Fanjoy, R. O., Lu, C-t., Carney, T. Q., & Greenan, J.P.(2014). Decision to use an airframe parachute in a flight training environment, Journal of Aviation Technology & Engineering, 3(2), 28-34. http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/2159-6670.1091
Leib, S., & C-t. Lu (2013). A gap analysis of airport safety using ICAO SMS perspectives: A field study of Taiwan. Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 2(2), 63-70. https://doi.org/10.7771/2159-6670.1078
Lu, C-t. & Bao, S. (2013). U.S. Aviation Case Studies. Chinese Aviation Law Review, 3(1). 406-422. ISBN: 9-787-5118-5537-4
Preudhomme, J., C-t, Lu, & Martinez, R. (2012 Winter). Collegiate professional pilot programs: Acquisition and use of level-six training device in the academic environment. Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education & Research, 21(2),https://doi.org/10.15394/jaaer.2012.1330
Lu, C-t; Kirschner, J.; Bowen, B. D., & Bowen, E. E. (2012) Advancing a qualitative-based research construct: Methods and applications. Aviation Technology Faculty and Staff Publications. Paper 2. https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/atpubs/2
- Lu, C-t., Schreckengast, S., & Jia, J. (2011). Safety risk management, assurance, and promotion: hazard control system for budget-constrained airports. Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 1(1), 1-15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5703/1288284314630
- Lu, C-t., Young, J., & Schreckengast, S., (2011). Safety culture: The Perception of Taiwan’s Aviation Leaders. International Journal of Applied Aviation Studies, 11(1), 27-46. https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/arc/programs/a... EI Accession number: 20120514738589
- Lu, C-t, Schreckengast, S., Ropp, T., & Dillman, B. (2011). System Safety: Pedagogical Aviation Action Research. Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education and Research, 20(3), 17-28. https://doi.org/10.15394/jaaer.2011.1641. EI Accession number: 20120514738589
Fu, Y., Lu, C-t., & Zhou, M. (2020 June). Available Guidelines for Airlines – Responding to Communicable Diseases. Paper accepted to International Journal of Crisis Management. September 9, 2020.
Special project - Published: Zhou, M., Fu, Y., Lu, A. (Spring 2020). Proposing a quick checklist for responding to pandemic diseases at airports. Journal of the Current Trends in Engineering Science, 1(2):1008.
Lu, C-t. et. al. (2017). Introduction to Air Transportation (in Chinese). Beijing, Higher Education Publisher. ISBN: 978-7-04-047426-8
Lu, C-t. et. al. (2015). Aviation Safety: A Balanced Industry Approach. Delmar (translated book in Chinese). Shanghai, Mechanical Engineering Publisher. ISBN: 978-7-111-51849-5
[ ~ 2010]
- Cason, B., C-t, Lu, & Schreckengast, S. (June 10, 2010). Are we secure? Discovering GA airport security vulnerability. Journal of Transportation Security, 3(2), 87-104.
- Wetmore, M., Lu, C-t., & Bos, P. (2008). Modeling the balance between standardization and innovation in a flight school, Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education and Research. 17(3), 39-54.
- Lu, C-t., Bos, P., & Caldwell, W. (2007). System safety application: Constructing a comprehensive aviation system safety management model (ASSMM). International Journal of Applied Aviation Studies, 7(1), 28-45. EI
- Wetmore, M., Lu, C-t., & Caldwell, W. (2007). The affects of pedagogical paradigms on aviation students with hazardous attitudes. Journal of Applied Aviation/Aerospace Education & Research, 7(1), 25-36.
- Lu, C-t., Wetmore, M., & Przetak, R, (Oct., 2006). A new approach to enhance airline safety: Using system safety techniques. Journal of Air Transportation, 11(2), 113-139.
- Wetmore, M., & Lu, C-t. (2006). The effects of hazardous attitudes on Crew Resource Management skills. International Journal of Applied Aviation Studies, 6(1), 165-181. EI
- Lu, C-t. (2005 Fall). An assessment of intensive/weekend teaching format of aviation education: A case of aviation law. Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education and Research, 15(1), 17-30.
- Lu, C-t. (Oct. 2005). Discovering the regulatory rationale of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): A study of maintenance resource management (MRM) training. Journal of Air Transportation, 10(3), 32-49.
- Lu, C-t., Przetak, R., & Wetmore, M. (June 2005). Discovering the non-flight hazards and suggesting a safety training model. International Journal of Applied Aviation Science, 5(1), 135-152. EI
- Bowen, B., & Lu, C-t. (June 2004). Enhancing the policymaking process in air transportation: Application of the Policy Research Construct. International Journal of Applied Aviation Studies, 4(1), 31-44. EI
- Bowen, B., & Lu, C-t. (Oct. 2004). Measuring the safety performance of 10 major air carriers in the United States: The airline safety report (1997 ~ 2000). Journal of Transport and Telecommunication, 5(3), 4-21.
- Bowen, B., Headley, D., & Lu, C-t. (Oct. 2004). Developing a standardized mechanism for measuring airline service performance: A preparation for airlines and government reference (2000-2003 AQR Reports). International Journal of Applied Aviation Studies, 4(2), 39-62. EI
- Bowen, B., Headley, D., & Lu. C-t. (Jan. 2003). Benchmarking airline service performance: A preparation for airlines and government reference, Public Works Management & Policy, 6(1), 188-202.
- Bowen, B., & Lu, C-t. (Oct. 2000). Advocating the implementation of an airline safety information system. Public Works Management & Policy, 5(2), 91-96.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
Jin, L., & Lu, C-t. (2019). A Case Study of Taxiway Landing (1982-2016). 20th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, 7-12. https://corescholar.libraries.wright.edu/isap_2019/2
- Bowen, B., Lu, C-t, Bowen,E. & Kirschner, J. (June 2012), Advancing a qualitative-based research construct: Methods and applications, Cedarville Conference 2012.
- Bowen, B., Lu, C-t., Headley, D., & Bowen, E. (2012). Consumer Satisfaction perception analytical assessment through operations modeling, 2012 Air Transportation Research Society (ATRS), Tainan, Taiwan, June 27-30, 2012.
- Leib, S., & Lu, C-t. (2012). Gap analysis of SMS between Chinese air carriers and international standards. 2012 Air Transportation Research Society (ATRS), Tainan, Taiwan, June 27-30, 2012.
- Lu, C-t-, & Schreckengast, S. (2012). Regulatory Compliance: A Case of Airport Safety Management System Using Open Source CMS, 2012 Air Transportation Research Society (ATRS), Tainan, Taiwan, June 27-30, 2012.
- Lu, C-t. & Schreckengast, S (2011). Developing a low-cost safety management system for low-revenue airports. Conference proceeding of 2011 Crisis Management Society Conference, Taiwan. Nov. 10-11, 2011.
- Lu, C-t., & Sun, R. (May 28, 2010). The Impact of International Aviation Policy to the Chinese Airline Industry [Chinese version]. Seminar for Chinese Scholars of Public Administration, May 28 – 29, 2010, Guangzhou, China.
- Lu, C-t., & Sherman, M. (October, 2009). Safety Management System (SMS) –A Computer Prototype for the U.S. Airports Industry, ASEE Mid-Atlantic Conference, October 23-24, 2009. Conference proceedings [CD-ROM]. King of Prussia, PA.
- Hutson, J., Asfoor, M., Rankin, W., & Lu, C-t. (April 16, 2008). Outcome based education: A case study of UCM. 8th Oklahoma Aviation Education Symposium [CD-ROM].
- Asfoor, M., Toto, E., Hightower, J., & Lu, C-t. (April 16, 2008). Validating research of an aviation safety management system. 8th Oklahoma Aviation Education Symposium [CD-ROM].
- Lu, C-t., & Wang, Y-c. (Nov. 16, 2007). Promoting a comprehensive aviation safety management model (ASMM). Conference proceeding, 49th ROC Air and Space Conference. Taiwan.
- Lu, C-t. (April, 2007). The need for system safety in aviation education and industry. Paper presented at 7th Oklahoma Aviation Education Symposium. April 18-19, 2007.
- Abou, S.C., C-t. Lu, & Saad, M. (June 21, 2007). Advanced diagnostic/prognostic system: System health monitoring. 2007 Air Transportation Research Society (ATRS) World Conference, Berkeley, CA., June 21-23, 2007.
- Lu, C-t. (Oct. 2006). Systems Safety for Safety Systems. Conference proceedings of The 4th International Conference on Crisis Management, Oct., 20, 2006, Gangshang, Air Force Academy, Taiwan.
- Lu, C-t. (November 25, 2005). Interviewing the FAA Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ARAC): A case of MRM training [CD-Rom]. Conference proceedings of The 3rd International Conference on Crisis Management, November 25, 2005, Hsin-ju, Taiwan.
- Lu, C-t., Wetmore, M., & Smith, J. (March 6, 2005). Advocating system safety in preventing airline accidents, Conference proceedings [CD-Rom], 46th Annual Transportation Research & Policy Forum, Washington, D.C., March 6-9, 2005.
- Lu, C-t. (Oct. 17, 2004). The future challenge to the U.S. airline operation: An inductive study about the NTSB reports. Conference proceeding of the 2nd International Crisis Management Society Conference [CD-ROM] Taiwan, Oct. 17, 2004, Tainan, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Bowen, B.D., Headley, D., & Lu, C-t. (July 4, 2004). Developing a standardized mechanism for measuring airline service performance: A preparation for airlines and government references (the review of 2000-2003 AQR reports). 2004 WCTR Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, July 4-6, 2004.
- Lu, C-t. (July 1, 2004). Aviation rulemaking dynamics in the United Stated: An inductive research of nonregulatory maintenance resource management (MRM) training. 2004 10th ATRS Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, July 1-3, 2004.
- Lu, C-t., & Bowen, B. D. (May 23, 2004). Refining the federal agency rulemaking process in the United States: The federal aviation administration security case. Conference proceeding of the 2nd Sino-US Conference on Public Administration. Beijing, China, May 23-24, 2004.
- Lu, C-t. (April 21, 2004). An Assessment of Intensive/Weekend teaching format of aviation education: A study of aviation law class. Conference proceeding of the 4th Annual Oklahoma Aviation Education Symposium. Stillwater, O.K. April 21-22, 2004.
- Bowen. B.,& Lu, C-t. (March 9, 2004). Reporting airline safety performance and finding the sensitivity of airline safety factors. Conference proceeding of Safety Across High-Consequence Industries Conference [CD-ROM]. St. Louis University, Missouri, March 9-10, 2004.
- Bowen, B.D., & Lu, C-t. (March 2003). Policy research construct. Paper presented at The 3rd Annual Aviation Education Symposium. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.
- Bowen, B.D., Headley, D., & Lu, C-t. (July 2003). Measuring Airline Productivity in the post 9-11 Operational Environment. Paper submitted to 7th Air Transportation Research Society, Toulouse, France.
- Bowen, B.D., C-t, Lu, & Tarry, S. (2001, July). A model to assess and report airline operational safety for consumer discretion and government intervention – general conclusions. Proceeding of the 9th World Conference of Transport Research (WCTR) [CD-ROM], Seoul, S. Korea.
- Bowen, B.D., C-t, Lu, & Tarry, S. (2001, July). Benchmarking aviation safety in the commercial airline industry. Proceeding of the Air Transport Research Group (ATRG) [CD-ROM], Je-ju Island, S. Korea.
- Bowen, B.D., & Lu, C-t. (2001 April). The analytical hierarchy method for benchmarking airline safety. Paper presented at the meeting of the Nebraska Academy of Science, Lincoln, NE.
- Bowen, B.D., Lu, C-t. & Terry, S. (2001 April). Measuring the safety performance of 10 major air carriers in the United States: The airline safety report (from 1996 – 2000). White Paper. University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Relevant Publications and Presentations
- Lu, C-t., Schreckengast, S., & Young, J. (2011). AT SMS Manual.
- Bowen, B. D., Bowen, E. E., Carney, T. Q., Kirschner, J. E., Lu, C. T., Mott, J. H., Suckow, M. W., Wildt, C. T. (2012, November). White paper: Advanced aviation analytics institute for research: A center of research excellence (A3IR-CORE). Prepared for the Office of the Vice President for Research, Purdue University. 6 pps.
- Lu, C-t. (2008). Aviation Security Management Model, Aviation Security Management (A. R. Thomas, eds.). University of Akron.
- Bos, P. & Lu, C-t. (August/September, 2007). Safety management systems: A primer. AAAE Airport Magazine, 44-48.