Use your mechanical expertise to improve our world. Understand how things actually work and how they are made. Become proficient in the analysis, applied design, development, implementation, or oversight of mechanical components, systems, and processes.
ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission The Mechanical Engineering Technology Program at Purdue University is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
MET Graduates two to five years into their careers:
- Deliver services and support to both internal and external clients by applying technical knowledge, problem solving techniques and hands-on skills in traditional and emerging areas of the mechanical discipline.
- Are active participants in ongoing professional development, professional growth and increasing professional responsibility.
- Effectively communicate ideas with technical and non-technical people.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Work within the accepted standards of professional integrity and conduct.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Mechanical Engineering Technology will achieve the following learned capabilities:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, or technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improves processes;
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
Number of Graduates
Enrollment Trends and Number of Graduates data is sourced from Purdue’s Office of Enrollment Management's Data Digest.