The careers of mechanical engineering technology graduates take them to a variety of employers (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Fender Guitars, Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar). Yet they have many skills in common: problem-solving, leadership and teamwork. The program focuses on the methods, materials, machinery and manpower necessary to effectively operate in a manufacturing environment. You'll learn how to manage people, machines, and production resources to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.
Areas of emphasis include nano/micro-manufacturing, sustainable energy, green manufacturing and robotics.
The degree is Engineering Technology, the career is engineering.
- Prepares graduates for careers in product improvement, industrial processes and plant operations
- Learn communication skills that allow you to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers
- Participate in applied research projects with professors to gain experience solving real-world technical problems
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering technology in only five years with a special plan of study.