Mechanical Engineering Technology
A major in Purdue's Mechanical Engineering Technology Program
The careers of Purdue graduates take them to a variety of employers (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Cummins, Fender Guitars, Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar). Yet they have many skills in common: problem-solving, leadership and teamwork. The mechanical engineering technology program focuses on the methods, materials, machinery and manpower necessary to effectively operate in a manufacturing environment. You'll learn how to manage people, machines and production resources to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.
Areas of emphasis include advanced material processes, sustainable energy, and product realization.
- Prepare for careers in product improvement, industrial processes plant operations, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Learn communication skills that allow you to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers.
- Participate in applied research projects with professors to gain experience solving real-world technical problems.
- If you participated in PROJECT LEAD THE WAY courses during high school, you can redeem up to 12 credit hours toward this major.
What can I do?
Where can I go?
WHERE TO STUDY
This degree is offered at the following locations: