The admissions process selects highly qualified applicants into the MS program by considering each of the following criteria in judging the overall strength of the applicant. Typically, no single criterion is used as a sole determinant for admission.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or a closely related field from an accredited university.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or better (on a 4.00 scale) from an accredited institution is required for unconditional admission.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for this program.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international applicants whose first language is not English and who have not graduated from a university or college using English as the language of instruction.
- Demonstration of a high level of competence in English written communication as evidenced by a writing sample included in the application package such as the statement of purpose, a research paper, or other significant and personally written product.
Students apply to the Master of Science program in the School of Construction Management Technology through the Purdue University Graduate School by completing an online application. The deadline for receiving all of the required application documents for the Fall semester is April 1.
Items to be Included in a Complete Admission Application
An applicant must submit the following items to complete the application package for graduate faculty to review.
- Purdue University Graduate College On-Line Application Form with the application fee paid.
- Official GRE scores, submitted electronically to Purdue University.
- Official TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language), submitted electronically to Purdue University. TOEFL scores are only required for international applicants whose first language is not English, or who have not graduated from a university or college using English as the language of instruction.
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty or individuals with an earned masters or doctoral degree.
- A detailed resume or vita that describes the applicant's education, work history, significant skills, etc.
- A detailed Statement of Purpose stating the applicant's background, career goals, qualifications, special abilities, achievements, publications, and other related information.
- Upload official transcripts for every institution of higher education attended.
- Upload a clear copy of college diploma and other miscellaneous supporting documents.