Faculty and staff in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute were recognized in late April for their achievements during the 2020-2021 academic year.
“I want to take this opportunity to express my sincerest thanks for all you have done to advance the mission of the Polytechnic Institute,” said Gary Bertoline, dean of Purdue Polytechnic.
The faculty and staff listed below received awards and recognitions.
- Business Office: Crystal Pirtle, senior business assistant
- Customer Service: Robert “Bob” Allen, assistant inspector, aviation and transportation technology, and John O’Malley, communication specialist
- Leadership: Todd Brewer, flight maintenance technician supervisor, and Kevin O’Connor, senior research operations administrator
- Statewide Excellence: Katelyn Todd, student affairs administrator, Purdue Polytechnic Richmond
Equity, Inclusion & Advocacy Awards
- Staff: Nicky Federer, lead administrative assistant, School of Engineering Technology
- Faculty: Andrea Fay Barber-Dansby, Purdue Polytechnic Anderson
Outstanding Leadership in Globalization
- Staff: Tamara Lynch, senior academic advisor
- Faculty: Mesut Akdere, professor of human resource development
- Exceptional Early Career: Greg Strimel, assistant professor of technology leadership & innovation
- Excellence in Instruction, Continuing Lecturer: Shawn Farrington, technology leadership & innovation, and Michele Walker, computer graphics technology
- Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration: Byung-Cheol “B.C.” Min, associate professor of computer and information technology, and Jiansong “Jason” Zhang, assistant professor of construction management technology
- John P. Lisack Early-Career Engagement: Anthony Sparkling, assistant professor of construction management technology
- Murphy, Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching (University): Esteban Garcia, associate professor of computer graphics technology
- Murphy, Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching (selected by students at college level): Alejandra Magana, the W.C. Furnas Professor in Enterprise Excellence, and Nathalie Duval-Couetil, professor of technology leadership and innovation
- Outstanding Faculty in Discovery: Gozdem Kilaz, associate professor of engineering technology
- Outstanding Faculty in Engagement: Mesut Akdere, professor of human resource development
- Outstanding Faculty in Learning: Nathalie Duval-Couetil, professor of technology leadership and innovation
- 12 Polytechnic professors receive promotions (2021)
- Last year's annual faculty & staff awards: Polytechnic faculty, staff awarded, recognized