Thursday, December 6, 2018 - 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Fall 2018 Reception and Competition for Tech 120 and Tech 340 Student Design Teams
Sponsored by Autodesk Education and the Purdue Polytechnic Design & Innovation Minor
Join us for the Purdue Polytechnic Design & Innovation Challenge, the culminating event for students enrolled in the TECH 12000 (Design Thinking in Technology) and TECH 34000 (Prototyping Technology for People) courses.
The event is a platform to appreciate and support our student innovators. You’ll see teams showcase their designs, pitch their ideas for technological innovation and compete for prize money and scholarships to enroll in the Polytechnic Design and Innovation Minor. You can even vote for your favorite presentation.
Light refreshments will be served.
- Top 5 TECH 12000 teams showcase their project posters.
- The public votes on the “crowd favorite” TECH 12000 project.
- TECH 34000 teams publicly pitch their design projects to the crowd and judges.
- Awards for the top 2 TECH 12000 teams, crowd favorite, and top TECH 34000 team are announced.
- TECH 12000 1st Place Team - $5000 cash award, plus $1000 scholarship per student who enrolls in the Design & Innovation Minor (limit 5 per team)
- TECH 12000 2nd Place Team - $3000 cash award, plus $1000 scholarship per student who enrolls in the Design & Innovation Minor (limit 5 per team)
- TECH 12000 Crowd Favorite - $500 team award
- TECH 34000 1st Place Team - $2000 cash award
*Prize money split based on team consensus
All of the projects vying for votes will:
- Be team’s own intellectual property.
- Include the application of an Autodesk product within the team’s design process.
- Be validated by their course instructor to ensure active participation by all team members.
- Have been developed by design teams comprised of students currently enrolled in TECH 12000 or TECH 34000.
Mentors and course instructors are valuable contributors to a team’s success but, unfortunately, are not eligible for awards.