COURSE 1 starts August 12, 2015! Click here to register!
NEW Format for Fall 2015!
This course has been redesigned based on participant feedback from previous cohorts. More activities are done offline – at your own pace when YOU have time. Then we get together in a virtual classroom for group discussions once a week. The virtual classroom session is designed to build on the corresponding self-paced activities.
- Lecture Videos: View the lecture video(s) for the week.
- Quiz: Short assessment to reinforce concepts described in video lecture.
- Discussion Forum: Read the article or case study. Give short answers to the discussion starter questions.
- Lab and Lab Handout: Refer to lab handout as you try the lab using your virtual computer environment.
Virtual Classroom Activities
- Group Discussion
- One-on-one lab help
Course 1 Description:
The goal of this course is for students to understand the methodologies and application of virtual 3D CAD product design in functioning PLM environments. The course will emphasize PLM as a strategic business initiative and will introduce students to the importance of the appropriate application of a 3D CAD product design tool in a PLM environment.
Course 1 Objectives:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of PLM concepts
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic 3D modeling techniques used in PLM environments
Course 1 Topics Include:
- Introduction to PLM
- Role of 3D Solid Modeling in PLM
- Design Process and Design Intent
- Parametric Modeling and Features
- Assembly Modeling
- Geometry and Information Re-use
- Modifying and Editing Constraint-based Models
- Model Based Definition