Congratulations on being accepted into the Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University in West Lafayette! We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer for STAR (Summer Transition, Advising and Registration) and this fall for Boiler Gold Rush and the beginning of the fall semester.
Here is the official Admissions checklist of the things you'll need to accomplish before classes start in August.
- Activate your Purdue career account, which gives you access to myPurdue, your Purdue email account and most online tools at Purdue. Check your Purdue email regularly at (portal.office.com). This is the email that your advisor will use for all correspondence.
Sign up for a STAR date. All new, domestic, first-year and transfer students who will enroll in classes for the first time in Fall 2018 are required to attend.
-- International students are not required to attend STAR. International students will participate in Virtual Summer Transition, Advising and Registration (VSTAR), Purdue's online course for new undergraduate students who do not attend STAR. Eligible students will be automatically enrolled in VSTAR. In early May 2018 students will receive an email message regarding instructions on how to access and complete this course.
- If you have college credit or dual credit, contact the institution affiliated with that credit and have them send your official transcripts to Purdue’s Credit Evaluation Department.
- Check to see if you need to take the ALEKS math assessment
- Consider taking the Foreign Language Placement exam. No majors in the Purdue Polytechinc require Foreign Language.
- Plan your STAR day
- Complete the Student Information Form through your myPurdue account. The Student Information Form must be completed at least 48 hours before your STAR date. All incoming students are required to complete the form. Your academic advisor may use information from the form both to get to know you and to help advise for fall classes.
- Upload your photo to the Purdue ID card office for your Purdue University ID so you may pick up your card upon arrival for STAR.
Attend STAR. While on campus, you will:
a. Attend the Purdue University orientation session.
b. Attend the Purdue Polytechnic orientation session.
c. Complete the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) assessment.
d. Meet with your academic advisor, either individually or in a group advising session.
e. Preview your plan of study.
f. Create a preferred schedule.
g. Strongly encouraged: Take the Foreign Language placement exam on the Language Placement Testing Web page.
See more: What to expect during your STAR day
- Check your Purdue email regularly at (portal.office.com). This is the email that your advisor will use for all correspondence.
What to bring to STAR
- Your PUID number, a 10-digit identification number assigned to all Purdue students
- Your Purdue career account log-in and password
- A campus map (sent with your STAR materials)
- Your parking permit
- Government-issued photo identification
- Results of College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams or transfer credit, if possible
- Medical History Form and Insurance Information Form to turn into Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) or chieck-in table.
- Walking shoes and appropriate weather attire.