At Purdue, advising and registration are separate.
Students in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute must meet with their advisor at least once per semester.
Meeting with your Advisor
Your assigned academic advisor will send you a BoilerConnect invitation link via email to make your required appointment each semester.
If you have any questions or concerns you can make an appointment at any time with your assigned advisor in BoilerConnect.
Preparing for your Advising Session
- Please review MyPurduePlan for accuracy.
- Determine how many credit hours you want to take.
- Compile a list of courses and alternates that you would like to take.
- Once the Schedule of Classes is available, make sure course times work together.
- Determine that you meet all the prerequisites for the courses you want to take.
Topics Typically Covered in an Advising Session
- Progress toward your degree.
- Appropriate courses for the next semester.
- Academic standing.
- Internships, career fairs, and other non-academic opportunities.
- Registration PIN will not be released without meeting with your assigned academic advisor.
- Please continue to check for registration holds prior to the batch registration deadline.
- Other questions a student may have.
- Meet with your assigned academic advisor to discuss course selections
- Make sure your Course Request Form (CRF) is accurate with alternates as appropriate.
- Submit your Course Request Form following the instructions given by your academic advisor.
- Confirm your holds are lifted by the batch deadline listed on the Advisor Recommendation Form.
- Make sure your Course Request Form is submitted by the batch deadline.
After Schedules are Released
- View your schedule from Week-at-a-Glance on the left side of the Academic tab in myPurdue. You will need to enter a date that is within the appropriate semester.
- Confirm your enrollment. Enrollment confirmation can be completed on the Financial tab on myPurdue once fees are assessed.
- Pay your fees by the due date indicated. A fee statement will not be generated until you register.
- Monitor your schedule periodically on Week-at-a-Glance. Classes occasionally get moved, changed, or cancelled. It is your responsibility to check your schedule and make any changes necessary.
- Read your Purdue email regularly. You should be notified if any changes have been made to your schedule.
Registration PIN: In order to register, you must meet with all of your advisor/advisor(s) prior to registration. The Registration PIN for the summer and fall semesters is the same.