401 North Grant Street
I am seeking highly motivated graduate students interested in fatigue and fracture modeling, spectral fatigue and solid mechanics. The graduate positions are intended to be funded at the Ph.D. level but I will consider exceptional M.Sc. candidates. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that includes a brief summary of their research experience and interests, CV, and unofficial transcripts to Dr. Ayhan Ince (email@example.com).
2014-present, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Technology, Purdue University
2007-2014, Senior Research Engineer, General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada
2003-2007, Research Engineer, General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada
2001-2003, System Engineer, General Motors Defense, London, Ontario
Ph.D. , University of Waterloo, Mechanical Engineering, 2012
M.Eng., University of Waterloo, Mechanical Engineering, 2006
SELECTED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Ince, A., Glinka, G. and Buczynski, A., “A Computational Modeling Technique of Elasto-Plastic Stress-Strain Response for Notched Components”, International Journal of Fatigue, Vol.62, pp. 42-52, 2014.
- Ince, A. and Glinka, G., “A Generalized Damage Parameter for Multiaxial Fatigue Life Prediction under Proportional and Non-Proportional Loadings”, International Journal of Fatigue, Vol.62, pp. 34-41, 2014.
- Ince, A., “Computational Fatigue Modeling of Notched Components”, Modeling and Numerical Simulation of Material Science, Vol.3, No.3A, p.14-22, 2013.
- Ince, A. and Glinka, G., “A Numerical Method for Elasto-Plastic Notch-Root Stress-Strain Analysis,” Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 229-224, 2013.
- Noban M., Jahed H., Ibrahim E. and Ince, A., “Load path sensitivity and fatigue life estimation of 30CrNiMo8HH”, International Journal of Fatigue, Vol.37, pp.123–133, 2012.
- Ince, A. and Glinka, G., “A modification of Morrow and Smith-Watson-Topper mean stress correction models”, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, Vol.34, pp.854–867, 2011.
- Noban, M., Jahed, H., Winkler, S. and Ince, A., “Fatigue characterization and modeling of 30CrNiMo8HH under multiaxial loading”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 528 (6), 2484-2494, 2011.
SELECTED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Ince, A. and Glinka G., “Innovative Computational Modeling of Multiaxial Fatigue Analysis for Ground Vehicle Notched Component”, International Conference on Fatigue Damage of Structural Materials X, Hyannis, MA, USA, 2014.
- Ince, A., "A Novel Technique for Computational Multiaxial Fatigue Modeling of Notched Components", ASME 2013 Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, San Diego, CA, USA, 2013.
- Ince, A., Glinka, G. and Buczynski, A., “A Critical Plane Damage Parameter for Multiaxial Fatigue Life under Proportional and Non-proportional Loadings”, International Conference on Fatigue Damage of Structural Materials IX, Hyannis, MA, USA, 2012.
- Ince, A. and Glinka G., “Computational Modeling of Multiaxial Elasto-plastic Stress-strain Analysis for Notched Components under Non-proportional Loading”, International Conference on Fatigue Damage of Structural Materials IX, Hyannis, MA, USA, 2012.
- Noban, M., Jahed, H. and Ince, A., “Loading phase angle effect on multiaxial behaviour of 30CrNiMo8HH”, 9th International Conference on Multiaxial Fatigue and Fracture, ICMFF9, Parma, Italy, June 2010.
- Member, Professional Engineers Ontario
- Member, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Member, ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Committee Member, SAE Fatigue Design and Evaluation