Systems Analysis and Design Degree
Study how organizations use computer systems and procedures and then design information systems solutions to help them operate more efficiently and effectively. You will combine business practices with programming, applications and databases. In the workforce, information systems professionals work in a variety of roles including computer systems analyst, designer, and consultant or business analyst in a variety of industries and with people from a variety of professions. You will be encouraged to further specialize with a minor in a specific field, such as healthcare, finance, agriculture or manufacturing. Your coursework within your first year includes information technology architecture, systems development and software development concepts.
During your pursuit of a systems analysis degree, you’ll work with faculty in the Department of Computer and Information Technology who have years of experience in industry or government. They conduct research on topics such as cybersecurity, high-performance computing, homeland security, cyber forensics, robotics, and health and bioinformatics.
- Systems analyst and similar careers are among the highest in demand in the country (and around the world).
- Gain real-world experience through labs and team projects. Labs are held in specially designed information technology facilities give valuable real-world experience.
- Mold your curriculum to fit your talents and interests. Your plan of study is a hybrid of set courses and selective. As you start to gain interest in one of the key components of systems analysis and design – programming, applications, or databases, you have the opportunity to dive deeper into those disciplines.
- Systems analysis and design students have the opportunity to take courses abroad at partner institutions in Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, Peru, Australia and Korea. Opportunities range in duration from 1 week to a full semester.
- Focus on communications, business and teamwork skills in anticipation of an information technology career
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate