Computing Infrastructure and Network Engineering Technology Degree
This major is also available at the Purdue in Indianapolis campus. Learn more here.
The world operates on the back-end of computers – networks of computers. Whether it is wired or wireless, information must be able to travel the network securely, efficiently and accurately. The computing infrastructure and network engineering technology major focuses on high-level design and planning of networks, with a foundation in hardware and software needs to solve computer networking problems. Coursework within your first year includes information technology architecture, systems development and software development concepts.
During your pursuit of a network engineering degree, you’ll work with faculty in the Department of Computer and Information Technology who have years of experience in industry or government. They conduct research on topics such as cybersecurity, high-performance computing, homeland security, cyber forensics, robotics, and health and bioinformatics.
- Information technology careers are among the fastest growing in the country (and around the world).
- Labs held in specially designed information technology facilities give valuable real-world experience.
- Focus on communications, business and teamwork skills in anticipation of an information technology career.
- Mold your curriculum to fit your talents and interests. Your plan of study is a hybrid of set courses and selective. As you start to gain interest in one of the key components of network engineering technology – networks, hardware or software, you have the opportunity to dive deeper into those disciplines.
- Network engineering students have the opportunity to take courses abroad at partner institutions in Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, Peru, Australia and Korea. Opportunities range in duration from 1 week to a full semester.
- Perfect your skills with student competitions and other opportunities with student activities.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate