To be notified of upcoming classes contact Robin Cunningham.
Purdue University's Product Lifecycle Management Center is proud to partner with PTC as an Authorized Training Partner. Purdue has combined PTC content with its own practice-based content to offer an Introduction to Model Based Definition course. This 100% on-line, self-paced program will provide participants with a working knowledge of Creo Parametric similar to the core knowledge covered in the Introduction to Creo Parametric 2.0 course, with special emphasis on modeling strategies that support Model Based Definition.
The Introduction to Model Based Definition course is a blend of video content and interactive exercises to ensure a practical, “real world” understanding of Model Based Definition (MBD). It focuses on the three core areas that are critical for any successful MBD implementation: (1) understanding what MBD is and why it is such an important topic, (2) learning how to capture detailed product manufacturing information (PMI) inside a 3D CAD model and (3) understanding the future possibilities of its use downstream. After completing this course, participants will have an understanding of MBD that enables them to make better business and product development decisions. A Certificate of Completion and 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are awarded following the successful completion of the course.
This course utilizes PTC tools (Creo Parametric 2.0) for examples of MBD methods but assumes no prior experience with Creo Parametric. Participants familiar with other CAD packages will benefit from this class and gain a working knowledge of creating models in Creo Parametric 2.0 as the core processes and methods taught in this course are widely applicable. As a result, anyone looking to enhance their knowledge of CAD toolsets with an MBD focus would benefit.
|Click here for MDB Course Overview Slide Deck||Click here for MBD Overview Video|
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of MBD concepts.
- Create CAD models in Creo using techniques applicable to MBD.
- Define and create PMI in Creo to support MBD
- Demonstrate an understanding of how MBD can be utilized to optimize downstream activities currently and in the future
Course Topics Include:
- Introduction to MBD & modeling concepts
- Introduction to Creo Parametric
- The relationship between PLM and MBD
- Capturing desired model geometry behavior
- Creating parametric features
- Editing and selecting geometry
- Creating 3D annotations in a model
- Creating 3D annotations in an assembly
- Organizing 3D annotations using layers, view states
This course is delivered online, on your own schedule, in a self-paced format. All you need is a web browser, an internet connection and a remote desktop client. We will walk you through all the steps to get setup. Instructors are available to answer questions.