Jinsheng Fan has received a prestigious Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship. Very well done Jinsheng!
Jinsheng Fan also received an award for an outstanding GTA at SoET for Spring 2022 semester. Very well done Jinsheng!
Artem Kryvobok officially becomes a member of LOBE! Welcome to the club Artem.
Together with Paschalis Gkoupidenis, Robert is serving as a guest editor of a special issue on “Recent developments in organic neuromorphic devices", from Wiley Advanced Electronic Materials.
Javad's original research paper on physically flexible, organic electronics log-domain integrator synaptic circuit was just published by Wiley Advanced Electronic Materials and later on ArXiv. Well done Javad!
David Gonzalez, a student from a collaborating group of Prof. Brittany Newell and Jose Garcia, has just had his research paper on 3D printed soft actuator published by Elsevier Sensors and Actuators A: Physical. Well done David!
Robert participated in the Winter 2021 commencement ceremony, acting as the Graduation Marshal for Purdue Polytechnic Institute.
Yi and Robert become guest editors of MDPI journal Micromachines, special issue on Organic Bioelectronics.
Jinsheng's paper on 3D printing of functional materials is published in SMASIS 2021. Congrats Jinsheng!
Yi's paper on modeling effects of OFETs bending is published in SMASIS 2021. Congrats Yi!
Yi Yang officially becomes a member of LOBE. Welcome aboard Yi!
PPI publishes article about Robert's Showalter award.
PPI publishes article about Robert's ONR award.
Javad's review of ultra-thin transistors, of many different technologies (organic & inorganic) was just published by MDPI Micromachines. Well done Javad!
LOBE is the recipient of the 2021 Ralph W. and Grace M. Showalter Research Trust Award, together with Prof. Ward and Prof. Bahr, and also with Prof. Schaser.
Robert gave an invited presentation at the virtual Spring 2021 meeting of European Materials Research Society, session R: Neuro-inspired information processing.
LOBE is hiring!
Congratulations to Walter on finishing his undergraduate degree, and to Yi on officially becoming a Doctor. Well done gentlemen!!!
Robert was chosen as a recipient of the ONR's Young Investigator award.
Jinsheng's abstract submission (together with Prof Newell and Prof Garcia) on 3D printed PVdF sensors, was accepted for publication at ASME SMASIS 2021. Congratulations Jinsheng!
Yi's abstract submission, co-written with Huiwen, (together with Prof Zhang and Prof Voyles), on flexible transistors, was accepted for publication at ASME SMASIS 2020. Congratulations Yi and Huiwen!
Katia and Huiwen's abstract submission on ammonia sensor, (together with Prof Voyles, Prof Donkin and Prof Pavlica), was accepted for publication at ECS 2021. Congratulations Katia and Huiwen!
Huiwen and Katia's abstract submission on histamine sensor, (together with Prof Voyles and Prof Donkin), was accepted for publication at ECS 2021. Congratulations Katia and Huiwen!
Purdue EVPRP funded Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) Parylene coater has finally been delivered and installed!
Jinsheng's paper, together with Prof. Newell and Prof. Garcia from SoET, on 3D printed PVdF sensors, was finally published as proceedings of The ASME 2020 Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems (SMASIS) 2020. Well done Jinsheng!
Another paper by Yi on simulating the effects of physical stress/strain on organic transistors, was published in Organic Electronics. Right on Yi!
Javad's paper, together with Prof Giacomo Indiveri from INI & ETH Zurich and Prof Takao Someya from University of Tokyo, on physically flexible spiking organic neuromorphic circuit was accepted for publication with Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. Well done Javad!
Together with Prof Walter Daniel Leon-Salas and 31 other researchers, Robert has published ISCAS 2020 paper.
Together with Purdue Honors College, Robert was co-hosting Dr. Paschalis Gkoupidenis. Video of his interview can be found on Purdue Honors College YouTube channel.
Yi's paper on simulating the effects of physical stress/strain on organic transistors, was published in Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences. Keep up the great work Yi!
Huiwen and Katia's paper on histamine sensors for Precision Animal Agriculture was accepted for publication at IEEE Sensors Letters. Congratulations Huiwen and Katia!
Jinsheng's abstract submission on 3D printed PVdF sensors, was accepted for publication at ASME SMASIS 2020. Congratulations Jinsheng!
LOBE was cleared to return to research activities.
COVID-19: Purdue University moves to all on-line classes, and all research activities are also suspended - stay safe everyone!
In solidarity with University of California, LOBE is boycotting all of Elsevier publishings
- LOBE is working in collaboration with Prof Richard Voyles, with video shown here
- LOBE has finally had the EVPRP funded integrated Physical Vapor Deposition and Glovebox (from Lesker) installed
- Also, the RDE funded Reactive Ion Etching (from Glow Research) has been purchased and installed
- Together with Prof Richard Voyles, Prof Mo Rastgaar, and Prof Nina Mahmoudian, Robert has visited Texas, with tour of NASA's Johnson Space Center (JSC) Dr Robert Ambrose (NASA) and Texas A&M's Disaster City with Prof Robin Murphy (Texas A&M)
- Katia Vyshniakova joined the group!
- Xin Ma, co-supervised with Prof. Richard Voyles, joined the group!
- Robert published a single author, review paper on ultra-thin organic transistors
- Robert became an editor of Frontiers in Nanotechnology, section on Nanodevices
- Prof Tomoyuki Yokota, from the group of Prof Takao Someya from the University of Tokyo, has visited LOBE
- Egon and Robert published a paper on graphene-enhanced electronics
- Megan, co-supervised by Prof Krishna Jayant, joined the group!
- LOBE moved to FlexLab!!!
- Dakota gave a presentation of his SURF research
- LOBE is moving to Flex Lab
- Robert visited laboratory of Prof. Takao Someya in Tokyo University, Tokyo, Japan
- Robert gave talk at University of Nova Gorica in Slovenia, where he met with Egon Pavlica, and participated in 1st Organic Neuromorphic Workshop in Ferrara, Italy
- Huiwen Bai and Naveed Reza Aghamohammadi (co-advised with Prof. Richard Voyles) have joined the group!
- Dakota Warren is joining the group as recipient of SURF scholarship
- Javad has been chosen to receive PRF graduate fellowship
- Robert attended BioEl 2019 workshop in Kirchberg in Tirol, Austria
- Egon Pavlica has left the group
- Vick was featured in school article
- Visiting faculty from UNG in Ajdovscina, Slovenia, Egon Pavlica, and Katia Vyshniakova have joined the group.
- Mohammad Javad Mirshojaeian Hosseini and Jinsheng Fan have joined the group.
- Datta presented his SURF research
- PhD opening in a collaborative project with Prof. Richard Voyles here:
- Paper on ultra-thin, self-adhesive electrodes for biopotential monitoring published:
- Paper on precision agriculture published:
- Saw Yan Naung joined the group.
- Josh Bell and Marissa Landa left the group. But Vick Hung and Chuck Witt joined the group.
- Josh Bell, Marissa Landa, and Datta Sheregar join the group.
- Laboratory of Organic Bio-Electronics (LOBE) commences