Energy Engineering Technology Degree
Renewable energy. Smart grid. Climate change. Distributed power generation. All of these topics and more are the future of energy engineering technology. From the ways electricity is generated (coal, solar, nuclear, wind) to the ways it is used (residential, commercial or industrial), there are many processes to understand and possibly improve. Courses in this major provide a broad understanding of the topic that may be applied in this area.
You will learn about energy systems through project-based authentic learning. From renewable energy to industry-scale HVAC systems, you will learn about energy use and engineering principles necessary to make them work efficiently. The Applied Energy Lab will provide you with even more hands-on experience with solar energy and energy use of high-performance buildings.
- Understand the energy system, from generation to end-user
- Collaborate in a teamwork environment on projects to gain important career skills
- Take advantage of the expertise of professors with professional industry experience
- Delve deeper into the subject by pursuing a master’s degree in sustainable energy systems
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate