Electrical Engineering Technology Degree
When you study electrical engineering technology, you study the lifeblood of today’s technology: electronics and computers. Electronics technology is a part of most everything society relies on, from air conditioning to airplanes, and from trains to televisions. And because technology is constantly evolving, you will be engaged in learning methods that will help you adapt to and embrace new technologies and their uses.
The principles you will learn can be applied in a wide range of careers, including communications, controls, power electronics, and technical management. Our graduates have played a part in scientific advancements in a variety of industries, including biomedical, green energy, transportation, communications, entertainment and manufacturing. They have impacted lives and improved everyday uses of technology.
The degree is Engineering Technology, the career is engineering.™
- Start your impact early by creating interesting electronic projects your first semester
- Capitalize on real-world experience of your professors and industry partners
- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors majoring in Electrical Engineering Technology may be eligible for the Kiewit Scholars program, which awards annual scholarships and provides personal and professional growth opportunities for future leaders in the design and construction industry.
- Apply all you’ve learned to a senior design project aimed at solving a current business or industry problem
- Degree in 3: Highly motivated and hard-working students can earn their degree in three years with an accelerated plan of study. Learn more about Degree in 3 for this major.
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering technology in only five years with a special plan of study.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
- If you participated in PROJECT LEAD THE WAY courses during high school, you can redeem up to 12 credit hours toward this major.