Airline Management and Operations Degree
Managing an airline takes more than shuttling passengers between airports. It includes scheduling, planning networks, maintenance of aircraft, staffing, customer service and more.
When you major in airline management and operations at Purdue University you will gain the expertise necessary to navigate the many aspects of managing an airline. You will gain a broad exposure to aviation management with a strong focus on airline operations. Your courses will provide insights into how the world’s public and private airlines to make daily and projected business decisions. Some of your first-year technical and business courses include: aerospace vehicle propulsion and tracking systems, aviation business and basic aircraft science.
During your pursuit of an airline management degree, you’ll work with faculty in the School of Aviation and Transportation Technology who have years of experience in industry or research.
- Study at an aviation school with the country’s first university-owned airport with the state’s second busiest air traffic control tower. The Purdue University Airports gives Purdue students an opportunity for real-time immersion into the aviation industry.
- Take advantage of firsthand knowledge from professors who have worked in all aspects of the industry to get full scope of aviation business and operations.
- Explore other aspects of the aviation industry as your learn alongside students with majors in airport management and operations, professional flight, aerospace financial analysis and more.
- Engage with industry on a regular basis and be considered for their internships and other placement opportunities. Beyond Purdue University and Polytechnic career fairs, airline management and operations majors can take advantage of an annual career fair planned for all students in the School of Aviation and Transportation Technology.
- Learn in and around a top-of-the-line fleet, which includes nearly 30 airplanes and several training simulators.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate