From the world’s tallest building to the custom home being constructed down the block, all construction projects need leadership and management expertise. In Purdue’s construction management program, you'll gain skills to be a leader in the growing global construction industry. You’ll learn what it takes to successfully manage construction projects, from the conceptual budgets to day-to-day operations to project turn over and completion. The curriculum will prepare you to be a future executive in this increasingly fast-paced and high-tech industry.
You and your classmates will work together on projects that touch on all aspects of a construction project: materials, methods, scheduling, estimating, safety and the latest technology being used in the construction industry. This approach is a hallmark of all majors in the School of Construction Management Technology. In addition, you are able to experience the subjects first hand by visiting current construction jobsites. Because your education is a combination of classes that focus on leadership skills, management tools and industry insights, you will be ready for internships and a lucrative career in construction.
Meet our faculty, most of whom have industry experience.
- Take classes that offer hands-on experience with real projects in both field and office work
- Learn from professors who have extensive experience in all areas of the construction industry
- Gain valuable experience as you complete 800 hours of construction-related internship work as part of your graduation requirements
- Take advantage of benefits that have resulted in near 100 percent employment in recent years: two School of Construction Management Technology Career Fairs each year that attract 150 employers as well as the school’s stellar reputation and continually updated coursework
- Share your knowledge (and learn more yourself) on study abroad excursions to Ireland, China, England or Australia.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate