Dr. Smriti Bhatt is an Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity in the Department of Computer and Information Technology at Purdue University. She has received her Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at San Antonio and did her doctoral research at the Institute for Cyber Security (ICS) and NSF CREST Center for Security and Privacy Enhanced Cloud Computing (C-SPECC). Dr. Bhatt's research focuses on security and privacy in the Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) leveraging Cloud and Edge Computing. Her research interests also include the application of AI and Machine Learning to secure IoT and CPS infrastructures in various application domains, such as Smart Health, Smart Home, and Wearable IoT. Some of her current research work includes access control models, secure data communication, and anomaly detection for different domains in Cloud-Enabled IoT. She has several conference and journal publications, and also continually serves as an expert reviewer for various journals and technical program committees for several conferences and workshops.
Looking for motivated and talented students who want to pursue high-quality research in the areas that align with my research interests!!!
- Holistic Safety and Security (HSS) Seed Grant “Towards AI-Based Secure Healthcare Monitoring at the Edge,” Purdue University. PI: Smriti Bhatt, and Co-PI: Miad Faezipour.
- Gupta, Deepti, Olumide Kayode, Smriti Bhatt, Maanak Gupta, and Ali Saman Tosun. "Hierarchical Federated Learning based Anomaly Detection using Digital Twins for Smart Healthcare." The 7th IEEE International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing, Dec 13-15, 2021.
- Bhatt, Smriti, Thanh Kim Pham, Maanak Gupta, James Benson, Jaehong Park, and Ravi Sandhu. "Attribute-Based Access Control for AWS Internet of Things and Secure Industries of the Future." IEEE Access 9 (2021): 107200-107223.
- Park, Jaehong, Ravi Sandhu, Maanak Gupta, and Smriti Bhatt. "Activity Control Design Principles: Next Generation Access Control for Smart and Collaborative Systems." IEEE Access 9 (2021): 151004-151022.
- Gupta, Deepti, Maanak Gupta, Smriti Bhatt, and Ali Saman Tosun. "Detecting anomalous user behavior in Remote Patient Monitoring." In 2021 IEEE 22nd International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration for Data Science (IRI), pp. 33-40. IEEE, 2021.
- Gupta, Deepti, Smriti Bhatt, Maanak Gupta, and Ali Saman Tosun. "Future Smart Connected Communities to fight COVID-19 outbreak." Internet of Things 13 (2021): 100342.
- Bhatt, Smriti, and Ravi Sandhu. "ABAC-CC: Attribute-Based Access Control and Communication Control for Internet of Things." In Proceedings of the 25th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies, pp. 203-212. 2020.
- Bhatt, Smriti, and Ravi Sandhu. "Convergent access control to enable secure smart communities." In 2020 Second IEEE International Conference on Trust, Privacy and Security in Intelligent Systems and Applications (TPS-ISA), pp. 148-156. IEEE, 2020.
- Gupta, Deepti, Paras Bhatt, and Smriti Bhatt. "A Game Theoretic Analysis for Cooperative Smart Farming." In 2020 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data), pp. 2350-2359. IEEE, 2020.
- Bhatt, Smriti, Farhan Patwa, and Ravi Sandhu. "Access Control Model for AWS Internet of Things." In International Conference on Network and System Security, pp. 721-736. Springer, Cham, 2017.
- Bhatt, Smriti, Farhan Patwa, and Ravi Sandhu. "An Access Control Framework for Cloud-Enabled Wearable Internet of Things." In 2017 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC), pp. 328-338. IEEE, 2017.
Presentations and Workshops:
- Workshop on "Enabling Smart Communities: Cloud-Enabled IoT Use Cases in AWS IoT and Google Cloud IoT Platforms" at The Women in Tech Summit, 2021.
- Workshop on “Cloud-Enabled IoT Workshop: AWS IoT and Google IoT Platforms” at TAPIA Conference, 2021.
- Research paper presentation at 2nd IEEE International Conference on Trust, Privacy and Security in Intelligent Systems, and Applications (TPS), IEEE, 2020.
- Research paper presentation at 25th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies, June, 2020.
- “Wearable IoT and Cyber Warfare”, Smriti Bhatt, at HotSec ’19 USENIX Association, Santa Clara, CA, Aug 13, 2019.
Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) Security, Security and Privacy in Cloud-Enabled Internet of Things (CE-IoT), Access Control and Communication Control Models and Architectures, Edge Computing, Cybersecurity Education