PhD in Technology (Building Construction Management), 2016, Purdue University
Dissertation title: "A mixed methods study on choice of media influence on construction industry communication"
Dissertation advisor: Dr. Mark Shaurette
MS in Real Estate Development (Technology and Planning), 2013, Instituto de Pesquisas Tecnologicas de Sao Paulo (IPT – SP)
Thesis title: "Proposal of a BIM computational tool to assist the design of architectural precast concrete panel façades"
Thesis advisor: Dr. Sergio Leal Ferreira (USP)
BS in Architecture and Urban Planning, 2005, University of Sao Paulo (USP)
Peer reviewed journal publications:
de Cresce El Debs, L., Brunese, P., Shaurette, M. (2016 - online first). Use of Concept Maps to Illustrate Barriers to Construction Industry Inter-Organizational Communication: a Comparative View from Students and Professionals. International Journal of Construction Education and Research. Vol. 0 Issue 0, p1-18.
de Cresce El Debs, L. & Kelley, T. (2015). Gathering design references from nature. The Technology and Engineering Teacher. Sep2015, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p10-14.
- Debs, L. C. & Ferreira, S. L. (2014). Guidelines for a design process for facades with precast concrete panels in a BIM environment. Ambiente Construido. 14:2, p. 41-60.
- de Cresce El Debs, L, Shaurette, M. Wilder, D. M. (2017). Undergraduate Opportunities for Construction Students' Multidisciplinary AEC Collaboration and Awareness. ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings. June 24-48, 2017, Columbus, OH.
- de Cresce El Debs, L, Shaurette, M., Hynes, W., Kwon, H. J., Hutzel, B., Barbarash, D. (2017). Cross College Collaboration for the Development of a New Major in Design and Construction Integration. ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings. June 24-48, 2017, Columbus, OH.
- de Cresce El Debs, L., Shaurette, M. & Rybkowski (2017). Selection of Communication Media by Design and Construction Personnel for Design Problem Solving. ASC Annual Conference Proceedings April 5-9, 2017, Seattle, WA.
- Gray, C., de Cresce El Debs, L., Exter, M. & Krause, T. (2016). Instructional Strategies for Incorporating Empathy in Transdisciplinary Technology Education. ASEE National Conference Proceedings. June 26-29, 2015, New Orleans, LA. ∗ Nominated as finalist for Best Diversity Paper
- de Cresce El Debs, L., Shaurette, M., & Benhart, B. (2016). Professional Certifications in Construction Industry: A Comparative View from Students and Companies. ASC Annual Conference Proceedings April 13-16, 2016, Provo, UT.
- de Cresce El Debs, L., Dionne, R., Exter, M. & Shaurette, M. (2015). Problem solving in a multidisciplinary environment: observations from a newly developed program. ASEE National Conference Proceedings. June 14-17, 2015, Seattle, WA.
- Debs, L. C. & Ferreira, S. L. (2013). Specifications for a BIM computational tool for conceiving fa¸cade design with precast panels. Anais do 6o Encontro de Tecnologia de Informacao e Comunicacao na Construcao. Campinas. PPGAU/EESC/USP. p. 411-422.
- El Debs, L. C. & Ferreira, S. L. (2013). Analysis of the potential of using BIM applications for designs with precast elements. Anais do 3o. Encontro Nacional Pesquisa-Projeto-Producao em Pre-Moldados 2013. Sao Carlos: EESC-USP.
- Debs, L. C., Ferreira, S. L., & Villares, A. B. A. (2012). Application of Automated Code Checking in Brazilian Building Regulations. Proceedings of the CIB W078, 2012, Beirut. Beirut: Lebanese American University. p. 52-61.
de Cresce El Debs, L. C. (2016). A mixed-methods study on choice of media influence on construction industry communication. Dissertation presented for obtaining the degree of PhD in Technology. Purdue University, 2013. West Lafayette, IN. 244p.
- Debs, L. C. & Ferreira, S. L. (2013) Analysis of the potential of using BIM tools for designs with precast elements. Concreto & Construcoes. N. 72. October-December 2013. p. 53-58. (not peer revised, invited publication, trades magazine)
- Debs, L. C. (2013). Proposal of a BIM computational tool to assist the design of architectural precast concrete panel facades. Thesis presented for obtaining the degree of Master in Built Environment (Habitat). IPT-SP, 2013. Sao Paulo. 200p.
Shaurette, M. & de Cresce El Debs, L. (2016), The Purdue School of Construction Management’s Major in Design-Construction Integration. 18th Lean Construction Institute Annual Congress. Lean Construction Institute. Chicago, IL.
- de Cresce El Debs, L. & Shaurette, M. (2016), Conceptualizing a New Undergraduate Degree: Design-Construction Integration. Associated Schools of Construction Annual Conference 2016. Provo, UT (poster presentation).
- de Cresce El Debs, L., Miller, K, & Exter, M. (2015), A Student’s Perspective on Different Teaching Methods. Association for Education Communications & Technologies Annual Conference 2015. Indianapolis, IN (roundtable presentation).
- de Cresce El Debs, L., & Brophy, S. (2015). Assessing communication skills associated with spatial information. NCEER Conference: Integrating Cognitive Science with Innovative Teaching in STEM Disciplines. September 18-19, 2015, Evanston, IL (poster presentation).
- Debs, L. C. & Ferreira, S. L. (2012). Proposal for a BIM computational tool for elaborating fa¸cade design with precast pieces. In: Encontro Nacional de Tecnologia do Ambiente Construido 2012, Juiz de Fora, Brazil (poster presentation).
Project Engineer Intern, Clayco (Chicago, IL) — Summer, 2015
Architect, Schahin Engineering (Sao Paulo, Brazil) — July, 2011 to Feb., 2013
Architect, Chemin Real Estate Developer (Sao Paulo, Brazil) — July, 2007 to July, 2011
Architect, Ieme Brasil Consultants (Sao Paulo, Brazil) — Nov., 2005 to Dec., 2006
Architect, Precast Consultants (Sao Paulo, Brazil) — June, 2005 to Nov., 2005
- Lean Construction Institute (LCI)
- Design Build Institute of America (DBIA)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)