James Letsinger, a 2013 graduate of Purdue Polytechnic’s Construction Management Technology program, is the project manager for Shiel Sexton Company who is overseeing construction of Purdue's Engineering & Polytechnic Gateway Complex, the new $140 million project being built next to Knoy Hall of Technology. Letsinger discusses what his job is like each day at the construction site. He also describes what it means to him to advance from being a Construction Management Technology graduate to building the school’s future home.
The Engineering and Polytechnic Gateway Complex is actually two connected buildings that will be known as Dudley Hall and Lambertus Hall. The complex will provide a total of 255 thousand gross square feet, primarily for instructional labs, design studios, collaborative spaces, and offices for faculty and staff. Site preparation began back in fall 2019, and the Gateway Complex opens to students in January 2023.
Episode 015 hotlinks
- Video: James Letsinger, Building Polytechnic's Future (YouTube)
- Gateway Complex: Dudley Hall & Lambertus Hall
- School of Construction Management Technology
- Construction Management Technology degree
- Video: Construction Management Technology – Gateway Complex May 2022 Update (YouTube)
- Video: Engineering Technology – Gateway Complex June 2022 Update (YouTube)
- Shiel Sexton Company
- Video: Uniquely Qualified #1 (Mike Dilts, Shiel Sexton Company) (YouTube)
- Elevate Construction, the Podcast
Listen & watch