Every day, people with specialized knowledge share that knowledge with others, as teachers, trainers, consultants and more. With a national push to increase interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), you can help spread your knowledge too. By reaching students in middle school and high school, you will become a important part of the STEM education pipeline, providing inspiration to future STEM professionals as they are developing.
This program teaches the basics of most technology and engineering concepts, and it enables you to teach these concepts to middle school or high school students. Concepts include engineering design, prototyping, architecture and construction, robotics and automation. Learn to teach through service learning to help students tackle global challenges. You will also receive a Project Lead The Way pre-engineering teaching certificate. Because this is a high-demand field, all of our graduates in recent years have found teaching jobs or other employment that utilizes their leadership and technology backgrounds.
$7,500 Next Generation Teacher Scholarship
A new scholarship program in Indiana will help future teachers pay for their educations. The program will provide $7,500 per year for up to four years for students who commit to teaching in Indiana after graduation. Two hundred scholarships will be awarded each year. Apply for the scholarship online between November 1 and December 31, 2016.
- All new, domestic, first-year students in engineering/technology teacher education will receive a $2,000 renewable scholarship!
- Learn in a program that routinely is among the best in the nation, including number one four times in eight years (as listed by the Association for Career and Technical Education)
- Integrate Project Lead The Way (PLTW) competencies into your program
- Expand your career options by becoming certified to teach PLTW courses in secondary education
- Teach and learn in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute's state-of-the-art laboratories and the DEPCO, LLC Engineering/Technology Education Laboratory, which is designed to emulate a contemporary middle-level environment
- Benefit from expert faculty who hold doctorates, have teaching experience and conduct cutting-edge research on learning and teaching
- Practice what you learn in the active Technology and Education Collegiate Association student organization with opportunities to participate in national conferences
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
- Recent News about the major