1982 - Present: Purdue University, Professor of Construction Management
2008 - 2011: Associate Department Head, Building Construction Management
Jan-Sep. 2013: Interim Department Head, Building Construction Management
1995-1999: Purdue University, International Program
Resident Program Coordinator, Malaysia Polytechnics Development Project, Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia
1982: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA. Research specialist
1962-1982: Kabul University, Kabul Afghanistan. Associate Professor, Head of Department and Dean of School of Engineering. (Removed from position in 1978 due
to communist take over in 1978)
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1969 -1973
M.S., Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1964 -1966. A graduate course at IIT, Chicago, IL Summer 1965
B.S., General Engineering, Kabul University, Afghanistan and Washington University, 1958 - 1964
- D. Dorsey Moss Excellence in Teaching Award, selected by the Department of Building Construction and Contracting Class of 1987
- D. Dorsey Moss Excellence in Teaching Award, selected by the Department of Building Construction and Contracting Class of 2002
- Nominated by the School of Technology for University Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1988
- Runner-up, Dwyer Award, School of Technology, 1988
- National President Teaching Award of "Pohanna: Education," Afghanistan, 1976
- Received full scholarships for the 17 years of education, from high school to the doctoral degree, 1952 - 1973
Dr. Baha has authored and presented over 50 journal papers, conference papers and lectures.
1986 - 2000: Professional Engineer (P.E.) and private consultant working for the states of Illinois, Indiana and Michigan
July-Aug., 1989: Mergentime/Morrison Knudsen, Navy Year Metro Station, Washington D.C.
May-July, 1989: Mergentime/Hochtief at Fort Totten Station, Washington D.C.
May-Aug., 1988: Mergentime/White at Croton project, Croton on Hudson, N.Y.
May-July, 1986: Engineering and Testing Services, Inc., Indianapolis, IN.
June-Aug., 1982: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
1973-1982: Senior Design Consultant for the Center for Engineering Consulting Services and Applied Research (CECSAR), Kabul University, Kabul, Afghanistan.
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Sigma Lambda Chi - Member. Dr. Baha served as the National President from 1993-1995. During his tenure the honor society became an international honor society
- National Civil Engineering Honorary Fraternity (CE)
- American Society for Civil Engineering Education (ASEE)