Jeff Griffin is an Associate Professor in the Computer Technology (CPT) Department at Kokomo. Professor Griffin’s current interest is in Internet technology and its effect on industry and society. Specifically, he is interested in user interface design, data transport and its understanding and security. This interest has been the focus of much of his educational scholarship and teaching.
- M.A. - Webster University
- B.S. - Southern Illinois University
- 2002 - Non-Tenured Faculty Award, Department of Computer Technology
Textbooks and Editorships of Journals/Proceedings
- Griffin*, J., & Randolph, G., (Under Contract) Fundamentals of web programming Franklin, Beedle & Associates, Inc.
- Griffin*, J., Morales C., & Finnegan, J., (2002) Web design and development using XHTML Franklin, Beedle & Associates, Inc. (ISBN 1-887902-57-0 pages: 552)
- Groves*, D., Finnegan, J. & Griffin, J., (2000) The web page workbook (2nd ed.) Wilsonville, OR: Franklin, Beedle & Associates, Inc. (ISBN 1-887902-45-7 pages: 200)
Refereed Articles and Conference Papers/Presentations/Abstracts
- Randolph*, G., Swanson*, D., Owen*, D., & Griffin*, J.. (2001). On-line Student Practice Quizzes and a Database Application to Generate Them. In M. Khosrowpour (Ed.), Managing Information Technology in a Global Environment (pp.1073-1075). Hershey, PA: Information Resources Management Association.
- Griffin*, J. and Randolph, G. (2000). Web experience and hypermedia structure in on-line learning. The Journal in Computing in Small Colleges: Proceedings of the Seventh Annual CCSC Midwestern Conference, 16 (1), 44-53.
- Finnegan*, J. & Griffin*, J. (1999). Incorporating visual design into information systems courses: A practical primer reshaping the human, computer interface design curriculum. Journal of Information Systems Education, 10, (3 & 4 ), 21-35.
- Griffin, J. & Homkes, R. (1999). Faculty Internships. 1999 ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings Charlotte, NC: ASEE.
- Finnegan*, J. & Griffin*, J. (1999). Visual design for the information systems professional. Proceedings of ENABLE 99 Enabling Network-Based Learning (pp.281-292). Espoo, Finland: International Conference organized by Helsinki University of Technology.
- Randolph*, G. & Griffin*, J. (1999). Disorientation and hypermedia structure. Proceedings of the Fifth Americas Conference on Information Systems Atlanta, GA: Association for Information Systems. ([CD-ROM]. (3 pages) The above paper was awarded “Best in Mini-track” in Web-based Teaching and Training..)
- Biegel, P., Griffin, J. & Goodnight, R. (1998). You, too, can find that job you want!. 1998 ASEE Conference Proceedings Washington, D.C.: American Society for Engineering Education. ([CD-ROM]. (5 pages).)
- Griffin, J. (1998). Privacy and security in the digital age. Proceedings of the 1998 International Symposium on Technology and Society (pp.135-137). Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology.
- Griffin*, J. & Finnegan*, J. (1998). Web design: The fundamentals of visual design every programmer should know. Proceedings of the World Multiconference on SYSTEMICS, Cybernetics and INFORMATICS Orlando, FL: Informing Science Conference., V1, 152-155.
- Griffin, J. (1998). Electronic communications vs. privacy – Can there be a balance between progress and individual rights?. Proceedings of the Fourth Americas Conference on Information Systems Baltimore, Maryland: Association for Information Systems. ([CD-ROM]. (3 pages).)
- Griffin*, J. & Finnegan*, J. (1998). Incorporating visual design into programming courses: A beginning. Proceedings of the 1998 Information Systems Education Conference (pp.258-261). San Antonio, TX: Association of Information Technology Professionals.
- Harriger, A., Lisack, S., Gotwals, J. and Lutes K., (1999) Introduction to computer programming using Visual Basic 6.0 Needham Heights, MA: Macmillan Publishing.. (622 msp)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), 1998-2000
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) , 1998-2002
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) , 1998-2002