Dr. Bosman's research interests include STEM Education and the Impacts of Technology on Society. Within the realm of STEM Education, she has done a variety of work in areas including teaching the entrepreneurial mindset, competency-based learning, self-regulated learning, transdisciplinary education, integrating the humanities into engineering education, workforce development and faculty professional development. As for the Impacts of Technology on Society, her technology-optimization focused research includes solar energy and digital manufacturing.
Dr. Bosman is currently accepting graduate student researchers and undergraduate student researchers.
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering
M.S. in Management Information Systems
B.S. in Industrial Engineering
- Strimel, G., Kim, E., Bosman, L. & Gupta, S. (Accepted). Informed Design through the Integration of Entrepreneurial Thinking in Secondary Engineering Programs. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research
- Bosman, L., Duval-Couetil, N., Mayer, B., & McNamara, P. (Accepted). Promoting Entrepreneurially Minded Learning through Online Discussions: An Example for Civil Engineering. International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy
- Bosman, L., McDonald, W., & Paterson, K. (Accepted). Design, Deployment and Assessment of an Entrepreneurially-Minded Professional Development Program for Engineering Educators. World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education
- Bosman, L., Hammoud, A., & Arumugam, S. (Accepted). Applying Empathy-Driven Participatory Research Methods to Higher Education New Degree Development. Information Discovery and Delivery
- Bosman, L. & Fernhaber, S. (2019). Applying Authentic Learning through Cultivation of the Entrepreneurial Mindset in the Engineering Classroom. Education Sciences, 9(7).
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., & Duval-Couetil, N. (2019). Using Photovoice to Enhance Mentoring for Underrepresented Pre-Engineering Students. International Journal of Engineering Education, 35 (1B), 1–10.
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., and Strimel, G. (2018). Incorporating Engineering and Renewable Technologies into the K-5 Classroom through Culturally Relevant Literature and Design Challenges. The Elementary STEM Journal, 23(2), 26-29.
- Bosman, L., O’Brien, S., Shanta, S., and Strimel, G. (2018). Validating the Value Proposition of Engineering Design Problems through Quantitative Analysis. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 78(2), 32-37.
- Bosman, L. & Darling, S. (2018). Performance Modeling and Valuation of Snow-Covered PV Systems: Examination of a Simplified Approach to Decrease Forecasting Error. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 25(6), 15484-15491.
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., & Fernhaber, S. (2017). Introduction to engineering: a constructivist-based approach to encourage engagement and promote accessibility. Global Journal of Engineering Education, 19(3), 237-242.
- Bosman, L., Chelberg, K., & Winn, R. (2017). How does service learning increase and sustain interest in engineering education for underrepresented pre-engineering college students? Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 18(2), 5-9.
- Winn, R., Bosman, L., & Chelberg, K. (2017). Our HEROs: Engaging and inspiring native engineers. Journal of American Indian Higher Education, 28(4), 44.
- Otieno, W., & Bosman, L. (2014). Solar PV selection decision tool: The case of USA Midwest Region. Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology, 1(3), 114-120.