155 S. Grant Street
- 1998 Ph.D. - Industrial Technology Curriculum & Instruction, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- 1986 M.S. - Industrial Technology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- 1983 B.S.I.Ed. - Industrial Education, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Certified in Transportation and Logistics (American Society of Transportation and Logistics)
- Certified Senior Technology Manager (Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering)
2015 James G. Dwyer Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching, Purdue Polytechnic Institute
2015 Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation
2014 Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation
- Nunez, H., Laux, C., Sutton, M., & Scott, R. (in work). An Assessment of the Assimilation of Lean and Supply Chain Management Practices in the Construction Industry. International Journal of Supply Chain Management.
- Hasselgren, J., Elliott, S., & Sutton, M. (in work). A Multi-Variable Characterization of Biometric Habituation in an Iris Recognition System
- Mentzer, N., Becker, K., & Sutton, M. (2015). Engineering design thinking: High school students' performance and knowledge. Journal of Engineering Education, 104 (4), 417-432.
- Kukula, E.P., Sutton, M.J., & Elliott, S.J. (2010). The human-biometric sensor interaction evaluation method: Biometric performance and usability measurements. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 59(4), 784-791.
- Tracey, M., Fite, R.W., & Sutton, M.J. (2004). An explanatory model and measurement instrument: To guide supply chain management research and applications. Mid-American Journal of Business, 19 (2), 53-70.
- Louks, R., Elliott, S.J., & Sutton, M.J. (2003). Command and control voice recognition for automotive telematics. Ford Technical Journal, 6 (5), 9 msp.
- Sutton, M.J. (2003). Problem representation, understanding, and learning transfer: Implications for technology education research. Journal of Industrial Teacher Education, 40 (4), 47-63.
- Sutton, M.J. (2002). Classifying color bar codes to predict scanning success. Journal of Industrial Technology, 18 (3). Available: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.atmae.org/resource/resmgr/JIT/msutton051502.pdf
- Sutton, M. J. (1997). The role of electronic data interchange in the transportation industry: Part 2. Defense Transportation Journal, 53 (5), 20-22.
- Sutton, M. J. (1997). The role of electronic data interchange in the transportation industry: Part 1. Defense Transportation Journal, 53 (3), 10-12.
- Sutton, M.J. (2000, January). Decoding a bar code with confidence - PSC or SC: Which contrast measure should you use? ID Systems [online serial].
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Chudik, J., Hayes, S., Elliott, S., Sutton, M., Stephens, M., & O'Connor, K. (in work). The challenge of detecting and coding emotion. A cross algorithmic study based on controlled and uncontrolled datasets. Proceedings of the International Carnahan Conference on Security Technology (ICCST 2017), Madrid, Spain.
- O'Connor, K, Elliott, S., Sutton, M., & Dyrenfurth, M. (2015). Stability of Individuals in a fingerprint system across force levels: An introduction to the stability score index. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Information Technology and Applications (ICITA 2015), Sydney, Austrailia.
- Senjaya, B., Hales, G.T., Seva, J., Elliott, S.J., & Sutton, M.J. (2011). Learning style and student success in an automatic identification and data capture course. Proceedings of the 2011 of the International Society for Engineering Education annual conference, Santos, Brazil.
- Dyrenfurth, M., Newton, K., Sutton, M., Elliott, S., & Walton, A. (2009). Electronic response systems: An emerging learning technology with implications for technology programs. Paper presented at the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering Conference, Louisville, KY.
- Elliott, S. J., Massie, S. A., & Sutton, M. J. (2007, June 7-8). The Perception of Biometric Technology: A Survey. Paper presented at the AutoID 2007, IEEE Workshop on Automatic Identification Advanced Technologies, Alghero, Italy.
- Elliott, S.J., & Sutton, M.J. (2002). Graduate course development in biometrics. Proceedings of the 2002 ASEE/SEFI/TUB Colloquium, Berlin, Germany.
- Elliott, S.J., & Sutton, M.J. (2001). Dynamic signature verification for electronic document management. Selected Papers of the National Association of Industrial Technology Annual Conference, Dearborn, MI.
- Latif, N., & Sutton, M.J. (2001). Curriculum improvement through industrial technology alumni survey. Selected Papers of the National Association of Industrial Technology Annual Conference, Dearborn, MI.
- Sutton, M.J., & Elliott, S.J. (2000). Verifying bar code print quality: A proposed method for classifying colored bar code symbols. Selected Papers of the National Association of Industrial Technology Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Newton, K.A., Sutton, M.J., & Dunlap, D.D. (2000). Instructional delivery rationale for an on and off-campus graduate education program using distance education technology. American Society for Engineering Education National Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- Sutton, M.J. (1999). The effect of incident wavelength on bar code symbol contrast. AutoID '99 Proceedings of the Workshop on Automatic Identification Advanced Technologies, Summit, NJ.
- 2008-present - American Society of Transportation and Logistics
- 2000-present - Epsilon Pi Tau International Honorary Society for Technology
- 1995-present - Association of Technology, Management,and Applied Engineering
- 1999-present - American Society for Engineering Education,
- 1993-present - National Defense Transportation Association