Aeronautical Engineering Technology Degree
Aircraft and aerospace vehicles are complex mechanical marvels, utilizing concepts from several disciplines of science, engineering and mathematics. A degree in Aeronautical Engineering Technology will provide you with the skills and knowledge to design, manufacture and maintain these machines of flight and to improve the quality of life for those who depend on their use. Over the course of the program, you will learn how to design, manufacture, maintain, operate and support a variety of aerospace vehicles. The program also offers an in-depth study of critical thinking, management, supervision and the entrepreneurial skills needed for success.
Airframe and Powerplant Certification preparation
Disciplines covered in the AET program include applied aeronautical structures and materials, electrical and electronic systems, propulsion systems, vehicle design operation and maintainability. A Bachelor of Science degree in AET also prepares you to take the FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification exam. Graduates with the A&P certificate are highly valued and recognized by industry as having a significant level of technical knowledge across key areas of aviation and aerospace operations. This FAA-issued license allows you to conduct, inspect, and supervise air vehicle inspection and maintenance activities.
- Learn in close-knit classes that feature individualized attention from knowledgeable instructors.
- Learn by doing in laboratory situations which focus on team-building projects.
- Extremely marketable graduates with a variety of aerospace engineering skills and FAA certifications.
- Work in industry-standard labs and faculty-led research centers to gain the best hands-on experience.
- Utilize the program’s global reputation, recognized coursework, and cutting edge research that prepare you to enter a rapidly growing industry.
- Get involved with nine different student organizations specifically for aviation students
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate