The Applied Data Analytics Graduate Certificate will provide professionals the knowledge to effectively and efficiently apply data analysis and visualization techniques to drive data-based decision making. Gain the skills to identify and design analytic processes to improve the overall flow of information and the quality of decision-making within an organization. Become more proficient in applying data technology and analytics skills when interacting with business analysts or use these skills to take on business analyst-related responsibilities.
Students who successfully complete the Applied Data Analytics Graduate Certificate will be able to:
- Establish a solid foundation in order to create an informed and curious approach to data science.
- Demonstrate the ability to source, cleanse, and join a set of data yielding dataset insights that can be used to inform further analysis of the data.
- Identify data types, their purpose, and how to modify/clean them.
- Understand DESCRIPTIVE ANALYTICS (what is happening), PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS (what is likely to happen in the future), and PRESCRIPTIVE ANALYTICS (what should be done)
- Gain the ability to interact with existing datasets to create useful and interesting visualizations, and develop an understanding of storytelling with visualization.
As a 100% online program, you can earn the certificate at your own pace, from anywhere in the world, choosing times for class work and study that fit your lifestyle. This 9 credit-hour certificate will take three (3) semesters to complete. Courses are 16 weeks each fall and spring and 12 weeks during the summer, with professors available online or by phone to assist.
This certificate has been of interest to:
- Marketing professionals
- Human Resources personnel
- Operations Personnel
- Supply Chain Management
- IT professionals
- Industrial Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Any professional that uses data to make business decisions