The world operates on the back of computers – networks of computers. Whether it is wired or wireless, information must be able to travel the network securely, efficiently and accurately. The network engineering technology major provides the necessary background about hardware and software needs to solve networking problems.
- Information technology careers are among the fastest growing in the country (and around the world).
- Gain real-world experience through labs and team projects.
- Focus on communications, business and teamwork skills in anticipation of an information technology career.
- Mold your curriculum to fit your talents and interests.
- Take advantage of an annual career fair planned for and by information technology students.
- Perfect your skills with student competitions and other opportunities with student activities.
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Average Salary|
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are nearly 47 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
In the past, CIT students have taken advantage of opportunities in Peru, Ireland, Germany, Australia and Switzerland in addition to the many college-wide experiences.