Web Programming and Design
A major in the Computer Graphics Technology Program
Before most web sites and mobile applications are launched, there is a vast amount of planning, programming and testing that takes place. When you study web programming and design at Purdue University, you will gain expertise in human computer interface theory and design, computer graphics programming, geometric modeling, and all aspects of the web development process.
Each web and mobile project has its own set of requirements. Will it need to allow financial transactions? Does it need to store and retrieve customer information? How will it operate on different platforms?
The courses in our web design degree program will help you answer those questions and design a final product that is functional, secure, and user-friendly. From PHP and open source MySQL to the Microsoft and ASP environments, you will gain a broad spectrum of programming capabilities and concepts in an environment which is continuously updated with new technology and software.
A web development degree from Purdue will also provide you with a solid STEM education (science, technology, engineering, and math) through courses including trigonometry, calculus, and physics. With additional studies in economics, statistics, business, and management, you will become the well-rounded web developer that today’s employers demand — ready to adapt and prosper in this constantly changing industry.
- Combine programming expertise with design sensibilities to be more marketable.
- Take advantage of other departmental expertise to add user experience and animation skills.
- Capitalize on the increasing demand for interactive experiences on every platform.
- Pair your skills with campus entrepreneurial efforts to prepare for your own business or service.
- Take advantage of the real-world experience of your professors and industry partners.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in computer graphics technology in only five years with a special plan of study.