Whether you want to contribute to blockbuster AAA titles, study virtual reality, or use gaming to help with medical therapies, Purdue University’s game development and design major has a place for you. Purdue has been a leader in preparing students for careers in the games and animation industries. Alumni have worked for EA Games, Riot Games, and more.
Because our professors are interested in new ideas and uses for computer games, they will help you stretch your imagination throughout the program. You will take classes in video game design and development, animation, visualization, rendering and programming.
At Purdue, a gaming degree provides the STEM education (science, technology, engineering, and math) that’s in demand today. Your studies will include trigonometry, calculus, and physics. And because employers also desire graduates who are well rounded, our game studies program also includes courses in economics, psychology, and English.
The final result? You will be a career-ready graduate who knows how to prototype games and game systems and who can consider their impact on society.
Research projects open to undergraduate students have focused on the use of games for sustainable energy, therapy and medicine, entertainment, information visualization and more. See examples at www.gamesinnovation.org.
- Work on impactful projects with professors to gain valuable experience in the industry.
- Among the Top 50 undergraduate schools to study game design, according to Princeton Review (2016).
- As the gaming industry expands into non-entertainment realms, be at the forefront of exploring how you can positively affect society.
- Multiple opportunities for graduate-level education, to help you become a researcher or respected leader in your field of expertise.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in computer graphics technology in only five years with a special plan of study.