A new major in Human Resource Development (HRD) offers you unparalleled resources, learning experiences and development opportunities.
When you graduate from this innovative program, you will be prepared to train and develop employees, improve employee engagement and performance, diagnose organizational needs, and assess system effectiveness. In essence, you will help organizations develop all job-related aspects for their employees.
Your personal and professional skill set will grow to include essential behavioral skills such as business acumen, communication, consultation, organization evaluation, ethical practice, global and cultural effectiveness, leadership and navigation, and employee management.
You will be able to recognize how employee behavior, knowledge, and skills enhance organizational effectiveness. When management identifies new opportunities, they will look to your expertise and guidance in developing organizational talent and addressing workplace challenges.
Why Purdue's HRD Program?
- Prepare for the Society of Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam to become a recognized expert and leader in the Human Resources (HR) field. Purdue’s HRD program aligns with SHRM’s Guidelines for professional HR practice.
- Gain expertise in big data by working with the state-of-the-art HRD Analytics Lab.
- Enhance your human resources-related knowledge via HRD Virtual Lab.
- Develop your management skills with an integrated minor in organizational behavior and human resources from Purdue’s Krannert School of Management.
- Gain industry-based work experience through internships, capstone projects, global connections and student organizations in your major.