Follow your passions and discover new ones in a Bachelor of Science program at Purdue University. You will design a personalized plan of study in our new transdisciplinary studies in technology major, blending fields like humanities and business with these technology-focused disciplines:
- Computing and graphics
- Construction management
- Engineering technologies
- Leadership and innovation
- Aviation technologies
Featuring hands-on team-based projects, transdisciplinary studies in technology will help you become a lifelong learner. It’s a program especially for the trailblazers, the challenge-seekers, the pioneers — the students who are independent minded, ambitious, creative, passionate, reflective, and inventive.
A new major which made national headlines, transdisciplinary studies in technology is an educational experience unlike any other because it combines individualized learning with close mentoring by faculty experts and a competency-based curriculum which clearly defines each ability, skill, behavior, and body of knowledge that you’ll master.
Employers today have many positions with job titles that didn’t exist only a few years ago. Want to forge your own path? Transdisciplinary studies in technology will provide you with broad technical competence and the abilities to think critically, to communicate effectively, and to adapt and thrive in our ever-changing world.
This unique competency-based degree is offered only by the Purdue Polytechnic Institute, one of the 10 academic colleges at Purdue University’s main campus.
- In each semester’s unique Design Lab and Seminar learning environments, you will learn discipline-specific theory and how to apply it to real-world problems.
- It’s a student-centered culture called “competency-based education” which focuses more on “show us what you can do with what you know” and less on memorization.
- You will create an electronic portfolio which documents your abilities and mastery of subjects – which you may choose to share with potential employers.
- Your peers might be studying different disciplines, so each of you will learn about different topics and contribute unique skills to make projects successful – a parallel of work environments common in industry.