The Cadet Shadow Program is an opportunity for high school seniors and second-semester juniors to view Purdue University and the Boiler Battalion through the lens of a current Purdue Army ROTC Cadet. Our cohort of Cadet guides are one of the most valuable resources available to prospective students because they live and breathe the Purdue and Boiler Battalion experience daily.
Visiting students can expect to attend morning Physical Training with their host Cadet, sit in typical college classes related to their prospective degree fields, and participate in our ROTC Leadership Lab.
Visits are available every Thursday throughout the fall and spring semesters when class is in session. Accommodations can be made to schedule visits on other days of the week as well.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call Mr. Paul Heslin, Purdue Army ROTC Recruiting Operations Officer at 765-494-2106 / cell 765-215-0044 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information for Visiting Students:
- A two-week notice is required to allow adequate time to arrange a matching Cadet host.
- A visiting student will spend the entire visit with your cadet guide.
- You may not depart campus without parental and/or guardian consent and the knowledge of Mr. Paul Heslin.
- While visiting Purdue University you are a guest and the responsibility of your overnight host. You are required to follow all university laws, rules and regulations as well as directions from any of the Cadre. All university policies will be followed including those on alcohol and tobacco. The university has a no tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol.
- If you are delayed in route or have to cancel your overnight visit for any reason please contact us as soon as possible at 765-494-2106.
Emergency Contact Information
In case of an emergency your family may contact Paul Heslin
- Work: 765-494-2106
- Cell: 765-215-0044