Army ROTC scholarships pay EITHER 100% of your tuition and fees (in-state of or out-of-state) OR your Room and Board costs, up to $10,000 per year. Scholarship Cadets are also given a book allowance of $600 per semester along with a $420 per month, tax free stipend allowance during each school year. This allowance is also given to any non-scholarship Cadets who are contracted. This can happen as early as their sophomore year. Both scholarship and non-scholarship Cadets are obligated to accept a commission as a Second Lieutenant upon graduation.
The minimum eligibility standards for a scholarship are:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school or college Cumulative GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score minimum of 1000 on the SAT or 19 on the ACT
- Meet the minimum physical standards of the Army Physical Fitness Test
- Be medically qualified through the Department of Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board (DODMERB) or a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS)
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component - (U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
For more information, click on any of the links below.