Students earning degrees in one of the 30+ majors in Purdue University’s Polytechnic Institute gain unmatched hands-on, practical knowledge and real-world experience that is really valuable to employers. Our graduates are uniquely qualified for technology-driven careers!
Save the date! The Purdue Polytechnic Career Fair, scheduled for February 8, 2023, will connect hundreds of tech-savvy students with dozens of companies from around the country looking for the next wave of professionals who are ready to take their own giant leaps into internships, co-ops, or full-time careers. This year’s career fair will be an in-person event at the France A. Cordova Recreational Sports Center (the "Co-Rec").
Recruiters, please see this information page especially for you.
All majors are welcome! Look your best, update your resume and be ready to present yourself to recruiters.
Whether you are looking for a full-time job, co-op or internships, you will find the Purdue Polytechnic Career Fair a great place to start. Developing your career is not just about what you know, but who you know. Network with local professionals to build your credentials, develop your career and find a mentor.
Prepare in advance: Take time to update your resume, decide what you’re going to wear, and think about how you might answer common interview questions.
- Update your resume: Review and update your resume; add a recent class project and/or your real-world experience. Take advantage of VMock — it’s an online tool provided by Purdue’s Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) that compares your resume with other submissions. The higher your resume’s score, the better the chance you will be selected for an interview.
- Brush up on your interviewing skills: Learn about the STAR interviewing method many employers use. Learn about STAR and other interview approaches in the Fast Track video series at Big Interview, a mock interview platform provided by Purdue CCO.
- Career Fair Plus: Download the app, a tool you can use to learn about companies attending the fair and to schedule one-on-one visits.
- Attire: How do you dress to impress? Purdue CCO explains the differences between “business casual” and “business professional.” We recommend you go for a professional look.
Be sure to bring the following with you to the career fair:
- A smile, a strong handshake and a positive attitude
- Purdue ID for admittance (students only)
- Several copies of your resume
Here’s how to register:
- Log in to your MyCCO account.
- Click on “Events” at the top.
- Then click “Attend” at the 2023 Spring Polytechnic Career Fair.
On Tuesday, February 7, 2023, these companies will hold information sessions:
|STEW 202||STEW 206||STEW 311||STEW 313|
|5:30–6:00 p.m.||Cummins||Harrison Steel||Radian Research||Verkada|
|6:05–6:35 p.m.||General Mills||Missouri University||Gulfstream||Duke Energy|
|6:40–7:10 p.m.||HECO||KPFF Consulting Engineers||Reliaquest||Land O' Lakes|
|7:15–7:45 p.m.||Taoglas||GE Appliances||Intersoll Cutting Tool Co.||Alpha Controls & Services|
|7:50–8:20 p.m.||C&I Engineering||Nucor Steel|
By registering in advance for the Career Fair at the MyCCO site as described above, you will be able to see the majors each company has identified for recruiting.